Plasmidomics is an open source program for easy drawing of plasmids and vector maps with high-quality graphics export.
Plasmidomics is based on Python (version 2), which is freely available for different platforms (Windows, Linux, BSD, Mac, etc. ).
- Built in: Encapsulated Postscript export (*.eps)
- Conversion to *.pdf eg. by epstopdf
- For other formats, use ImageMagick
Above image was created by Plasmidomics. The Postscript was converted to *.png by ImageMagick.
Click here to see the *pdf of this plasmid (1.8 kb for really good resolution!).
- Download (plasmidomics-0.2.zip or plasmidomics-0.2.tar.bz2) and extract it
- Run: >python plasmid or >plasmid
- Note: Make sure you have Python and tkinter installed
Screenshot of Plasmidomics 0.2
Installation on Debian/ Ubuntu/ derived linuxes
Plasmidomics is part of the official Debian/ Ubuntu based distributions (installation: 'apt install plasmidomics', run 'plasmid').
There are no binaries for Windows or Mac (yet). You can run it as Python program! Or you can try to convince me (or another computer friend) to compile a binary ;-).
License (open source)